About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Eunice and I live in Bolton, Lancashire, with my two dogs Sophie and Sugar and an assortment of cats - well it used to be Sophie and Sugar, now it's Sophie and Poppie. I first began camping back in 1997 when my then partner took me to Anglesey for my birthday weekend. We slept in the back of the car - a hatchback - using the cushions off the settee at home as a mattress, and cooked and brewed up on a single burner camping stove. The site was good, the views were great, the weather fantastic and I was completely hooked. Following that weekend we got a two-man tent and some proper accessories and returned to Anglesey two weeks later, then over time we progressed to a three-man tent followed by an old trailer tent, then a new trailer tent, a campervan and finally a caravan. When my partner decided that the grass was greener on the other side of the street - literally - in April 2009 and I suddenly found myself alone after fifteen years, I decided there was no way I was going to give up camping and caravanning if I could cope on my own. This blog is the story of my travels, trials and tribulations since becoming a solo camper - I hope you like it

Wednesday December 20th 2017 - To all my blog readers



Have a really lovely Christmas everyone, wherever you are and whatever you do - I hope it's a good one for everyone.



16 comments:

  1. Hey Eunice,

    Likewise, my kind friend. Have a peaceful, positive time during the season to be jolly.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gary. Give Penny a special hug from me, and Sophie and Poppie send lots of Christmas woofs to both of you :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Tigermouse, likewise yourself.
    I really enjoy your travels as it reminds me of my own along with husband and diabetic cat.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, I hope you have a peaceful Christmas. Roll on spring when I can be off on my travels again :)

      Delete
  3. And the same to you Jules, have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas Eunice. Give my best wishes to Michael and a big hug to Sophie and Poppie. I look forward to reading more of your camping adventures in 2018.
    Love from Eileen, Martyn and Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eileen, I'll pass on your best wishes to Michael. Give Annie a cuddle from me, I'm sure Sophie and Poppie would wave their paws at you if they could :)

    And as for not seeing the giraffe twice I was concentrating on where I was going, not looking for escaped 'zoo' animals! :) Anyway, I didn't know exactly which street he lives on, but at least next time I'm round that way I'll know where to find him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And to you, Eunice. Have a merry one. I confess I’m looking forward to spring and the walking season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm looking forward to reading more about your travels, especially when you get further up the west coast :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Christmas TM and good travelling next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks AT - have a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Anabel, I hope you have a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eunice, just came over from your comment on Traveling Cats (Larry the tabby in Dover, Delaware). Had to say HI to a fellow cat lover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jean, and thanks for your comment. I love cats, got my first one back in 1972 and have had them ever since. I currently have three - Mouse, Mog and Moomin - though I did have 16 at one time. None of them feature on this blog as I don't take them camping with me but there's a couple of posts about Mouse 1 and 2 on my other blog here -

    https://mousehouselife.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/a-cat-called-mouse-1/

    https://mousehouselife.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/a-cat-called-mouse-2/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate good comments - who doesn't? - but due to a recent tide of spam from anonymous readers all comments will now be moderated, and only those with a direct bearing on this blog will be published. I'm sure my regular blog readers/commenters will understand the need for this - and to anyone whose comment isn't published, you know why.