About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Eunice and I live in Bolton, Lancashire, with my two dogs Sophie and Sugar and an assortment of cats - well it used to be Sophie and Sugar, now it's Sophie and Poppie. I first began camping back in 1997 when my then partner took me to Anglesey for my birthday weekend. We slept in the back of the car - a hatchback - using the cushions off the settee at home as a mattress, and cooked and brewed up on a single burner camping stove. The site was good, the views were great, the weather fantastic and I was completely hooked. Following that weekend we got a two-man tent and some proper accessories and returned to Anglesey two weeks later, then over time we progressed to a three-man tent followed by an old trailer tent, then a new trailer tent, a campervan and finally a caravan. When my partner decided that the grass was greener on the other side of the street - literally - in April 2009 and I suddenly found myself alone after fifteen years, I decided there was no way I was going to give up camping and caravanning if I could cope on my own. This blog is the story of my travels, trials and tribulations since becoming a solo camper - I hope you like it

Wednesday April 12th 2017 - All set for Easter

It's only been seven months since I camped in Norfolk last September but for some reason it feels like years, so I'm really ready for this coming weekend. I only booked the site a month ago as I couldn't decide whether to go to Manorafon or Felin Uchaf, but a comment on my other blog got me thinking way ahead to the August bank holiday and a place I want to revisit. It seems August will be the best time to go, so I decided to leave Manorafon until then and go to Felin Uchaf this time.

After the purchase and fitting of a couple of new bulbs and a wiper blade the van thankfully passed it's mot a couple of weeks ago so it's good to go. I had every intention of packing it up straight away with my camping gear but due to some very odd circumstances beyond my control I ended up with first a 4ft vivarium and then a dining table in the middle of it so sorting out the camping gear was put on hold for a few days.

The vivarium fortunately was only in the van for a brief period and a space was found for the dining table last Sunday evening so on Monday the van was hoovered out and the camping gear was packed in yesterday. I only have a few last minute bits to put in tomorrow evening after work then all being well I'll be leaving home early on Friday morning, returning on Tuesday next week. I'm really looking forward to getting out and about with the camera and exploring a few new places with the dogs so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the glorious sunshine of the last few days will spread down to North Wales and continue for the whole weekend - and if it doesn't, well I'll be happy just to be camping anyway.



14 comments:

  1. Lucky you Tigermouse, I so used to enjoy my caravanning days when hubby was alive. How excited you must be. Do have a wonderful time.Safe travels.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yvonne. I've been so busy recently that I'm really ready for this break :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely trip Eunice and I hope the weather is very good to you. We were blessed with sunshine last week while we were away, so the sun is ready to burst out again I'm sure. I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures and seeing your photos. Have a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eileen. I've just been looking at Bala lake on Google maps in close up, trying to figure out exactly where that 'clean'up' sign is - that's one of my quests for this weekend, finding and photographing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great time - and glad you got that dining table out of there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you said, it would have been handy for a picnic but it was a bit big lol. I've often been asked why I drive such a large vehicle when I'm on my own - well that table was just one reason! I've transported all sorts of things over the last few years, from greyhounds to washing machines, so a big vehicle comes in handy sometimes :)

      Delete
  6. Well, you could walk this way: from the Lloc cafe follow the footpath past the leisure centre and it's at the end of that path but you'd have to pay the car park charge that way. The car park at the end of the path is small but free. I'm sure you'll you find that sign. Have an enjoyable long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Eileen. I've just had another look on Google maps and I've found the small car park though I can't see any sign of the sign (!) - maybe it was put there after Google took the picture - but now I know where I'm looking I'm sure I'll find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the weather is decent. Suspect it will be chilly at night, Eunice, so wrap up warm.. Hope you have some great adventures and look forward to reading about them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really need to wrap up at night Ruth, my fan heater does a great job of keeping the tent warm and I have a good duvet and fleece blankets on my bed so I'm lovely and cosy. I don't see the point of sitting there or going to bed wrapped up the same sort of clothes I would wear to go out in when a simple fan heater and decent bedding keeps me warm :) I wear t-shirts all year round, even in winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh heck, a vivarium . . . just reading about that is enough to start the prickles of phobia-induced panic. If it should happen to be in use please don't post any photos of the occupants without warning me first .

    Hope you are having a lovely Easter break and that it is warmer where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No Jayne, you didn't lose a comment, it went to 'moderation' and I haven't been here to moderate it! lol

    Don't worry the vivarium and its occupant (a bearded dragon) won't be posted on here - they aren't mine anyway. There's quite a story to this but unless I contact you directly there's too much to put on my blog.

    I've had a lovely time away although the weather could have been better but at least it's been a break. It'll take a while to sort out all my photos and start writing about it though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. 🙂 but a Bearded Dragon (or anything with legs) is no problem - although I've never understood why people keep such creatures as 'pets' when they clearly do not belong here. It's "reptiles without legs" that cause me the heebejeebies!

      Look forward to hearing about your trip when you have sorted everything out.

      Delete
  12. I don't know why people keep those sort of creatures as pets either - it's not as if you can take them for a walk or play 'fetch' with them. And they certainly don't belong in vivariums :( A couple of weeks ago I went in the place where the bearded dragon came from and actually had a couple of those 'reptiles without legs' winding themselves round my arms :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate good comments - who doesn't? - but due to a recent tide of spam from anonymous readers all comments will now be moderated, and only those with a direct bearing on this blog will be published. I'm sure my regular blog readers/commenters will understand the need for this - and to anyone whose comment isn't published, you know why.