About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Eunice and I live in Bolton, Lancashire, with my two dogs Sophie and Sugar and an assortment of cats - well it used to be Sophie and Sugar, now it's Sophie and Poppie. I first began camping back in 1997 when my then partner took me to Anglesey for my birthday weekend. We slept in the back of the car - a hatchback - using the cushions off the settee at home as a mattress, and cooked and brewed up on a single burner camping stove. The site was good, the views were great, the weather fantastic and I was completely hooked. Following that weekend we got a two-man tent and some proper accessories and returned to Anglesey two weeks later, then over time we progressed to a three-man tent followed by an old trailer tent, then a new trailer tent, a campervan and finally a caravan. When my partner decided that the grass was greener on the other side of the street - literally - in April 2009 and I suddenly found myself alone after fifteen years, I decided there was no way I was going to give up camping and caravanning if I could cope on my own. This blog is the story of my travels, trials and tribulations since becoming a solo camper - I hope you like it

Tuesday September 13th 2016 - Sunrise over the beach

I woke that morning just after 6am and looking through the tent window from my bed I could see that the sky showed the promise of another nice day and an early morning photo opportunity not to be missed. The dogs, as usual, were eager to go out as soon as I got up, and when we got down to the beach it was still so early that there was no-one else around. It was lovely just sitting on a rock and watching while the night time cloud gradually drifted away to reveal the blue day time sky behind it, and with nothing but the sound of the sea and a few seagulls as they swooped overhead it was so peaceful I felt like I could have stayed there all day.


Those were to be the only shots I took that day as I spent most of my time relaxing in and around the tent. In the late afternoon I drove the few miles out to Clippesby to see my old friends Eileen and Ron, then in the evening I went the mile or so down the road to visit my ex's sister and brother-in-law Jean and John in Ormesby. It was good to sit and chat over a coffee or two and it was 10pm when I finally got back to the tent so after a dog walk round the site the three of us settled in for the night. John had given me some good information about a place I wanted to visit and the weather was forecast to be nice again so I was really looking forward to the following day.



6 comments:

  1. How lovely :) I did the same when I took the caravan to Ravenglass, only for us it was great sunsets every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I can't photograph the sunsets from the beach near the camp site as the sun goes down too low behind the cliffs but you've just given me the germ of an idea. If I remember next year I'll revisit some of the places within a short drive of the site and get some sunset shots from there - windmills would be a good subject and there's plenty of those around :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful to read of your holiday Tigermouse, also great pictures. I look forward to more.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, I'm glad you like it so far :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sunrise and great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did think about staying there until the sun was out properly and the sky was blue but it would have taken a while and I needed a brew so I went back to the tent. Maybe next year....

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate good comments - who doesn't? - but due to a recent tide of spam from anonymous readers all comments will now be moderated, and only those with a direct bearing on this blog will be published. I'm sure my regular blog readers/commenters will understand the need for this - and to anyone whose comment isn't published, you know why.