About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Eunice and I live in Bolton, Lancashire, with my two dogs Sophie and Sugar and an assortment of cats - well it used to be Sophie and Sugar, now it's Sophie and Poppie. I first began camping back in 1997 when my then partner took me to Anglesey for my birthday weekend. We slept in the back of the car - a hatchback - using the cushions off the settee at home as a mattress, and cooked and brewed up on a single burner camping stove. The site was good, the views were great, the weather fantastic and I was completely hooked. Following that weekend we got a two-man tent and some proper accessories and returned to Anglesey two weeks later, then over time we progressed to a three-man tent followed by an old trailer tent, then a new trailer tent, a campervan and finally a caravan. When my partner decided that the grass was greener on the other side of the street - literally - in April 2009 and I suddenly found myself alone after fifteen years, I decided there was no way I was going to give up camping and caravanning if I could cope on my own. This blog is the story of my travels, trials and tribulations since becoming a solo camper - I hope you like it

Friday July 22nd 2011 - Back to Anglesey

Friday evening saw me heading back to Anglesey for yet another weekend. I don't finish work until 7pm so it had been a bit of a rush to get back home to feed the cats, collect the dogs, and be on my way at a reasonable time but I'd managed it. Without too much traffic on the road I made good time and it was exactly 10pm when I drove into the camp site. I hadn't had any phone calls from the guy who had said he would keep an eye on my tent for me so I assumed it was ok; as I drove into the field where it was pitched I could see that it was at least still standing, and when I went inside and turned on the lamp I found everything was just as I had left it. It didn't take long to transfer my few bits and pieces from the van and only twenty minutes after arriving I was sitting watching tv and enjoying a much needed coffee.

It was about an hour later when I took Sophie and Sugar for their pre-bedtime walk - there were still a few campers sitting outside chatting but the ones who had been keeping an eye on my tent had retired to theirs for the night so I would have to wait until the morning to thank them. After a good walk round the site I settled the dogs on their beds, inspected mine for any unwanted spiders or other bugs, of which there were none, and prepared to relax with my book for half an hour or so before I went to sleep. I was quite pleased with the way things had turned out - leaving the tent on site had been a good idea, and although finishing work and starting my journey had been a bit hectic it had been great to arrive and not have to start putting it up. It was certainly an idea which was worth repeating in the not-too-distant future - maybe the following weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate good comments - who doesn't? - but due to a recent tide of spam from anonymous readers all comments will now be moderated, and only those with a direct bearing on this blog will be published. I'm sure my regular blog readers/commenters will understand the need for this - and to anyone whose comment isn't published, you know why.